Tuesday 17 April 2012

Crate Inspiration

A couple of months ago I bought some vintage crates at auction. Not enough to create a wall of storage like this from Living Etc unfortunately but I did get four similar to the one pictured below.

They were Polish and one of them was dated 1959 so I reckoned they were all around the same date. These crates are my favourite kind of storage, practical and beautiful. I had sometimes seen them used as display in shops but never for sale so I was thrilled to get them at the auction. I managed to part with two since this is supposed to be a business and my "finds" are supposed to be stock so selling half of them was a step in the right direction at least.


The two I sold on Donedeal were bought by the lovely Claire who kindly sent these photos above and below of the crates (adapted with castors) hard at work in her home.




No comments:

Post a Comment